The The North Carolina Commission of Inquiry on Torture (NCCIT) had its formal launch with a conference call for media on March 15, 2017. So far, here’s the coverage:
- WUNC, The State of Things: New Commission to probe alleged NC connection in extraordinary rendition flights (listen)
- AP national story (as seen in the New York Times, the Houston Chronicle and here in the Charlotte Observer and the ): Citizens’ group aims to investigate CIA rendition program
- Baptist Global news: Minister joins effort to address North Carolina’s role in torture
- Independent (London): A major new inquiry has just been opened and it could reveal just how complicit the UK was in CIA torture
- Raleigh News & Observer: New Commission to look into North Carolina’s role in torture program
- Fayetteville Observer: Panel aims to shine light on state’s role in supporting torture
Update: Added several new stories that have been published since this post originally appeared.